Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Pt. Booking Indonesia, one of the support companies in Indonesia, is looking for a Language Specialist for the Content Department in Bali.
You will provide support in managing the quality of the Bahasa Indonesian language on the Booking.com website. Besides having a strong business feel and being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you would have to find ways to maintain and continuously improve the quality of the language in order to support Booking.com BV in attracting visitors to the Booking.com website.
- Support Booking.com BV’s strategy hotel availability and supply within Indonesia;
- Providing attractive and creative translations from English into Bahasa Indonesian for website copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Indonesian market;
- Maintaining the quality of the Indonesian version of Booking.com, including conducting website checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assisting with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Native level Bahasa Indonesian speaker, accompanied by excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the (country of language) market;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong business focus;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- Strong sense of initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.
What we offer
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.