SMS ACUCA stands for Student Mobility Scheme from Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia. It is an exchange program where the students from Sanata Dharma are given an opportunity to study in a university which is a member of ACUCA. The university can be in Indonesia or abroad. The courses are taught in English in either regular semesters or summer sessions and it is possible to get subsidy from the ACUCA. Please refer to SMS ACUCA's website for Universities list here.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN SMS ACUCA?
One of the ACUCA’s purpose is to enrich the quality of their educational programs and those of the other institutions of learning. Those students who join this program will be encouraged to participate in developing and enriching the quality of education in the area they visit.
WHEN AND WHERE SMS ACUCA WILL BE HELD?
Students can determine which University they want to study at. Therefore, before determining the University the participants might learn about the University by searching the information about the University as much as possible. The students also need to do consultation about the lessons they are planning to take in the target university with their Head of the Department.
QUALIFICATION OF STUDENTS
- Active students of SDU in semester 3-8
- Latest GPA minimum 3.00
- Willing to bear the costs (flight tickets, living cost, dorm fee, visa fee, insurance fee)
- Meet the requirements of the university destination like TOEFL and healthy certificate from the hospital
- Have paid all study costs in USD
- All the documents depend on the chosen university including the Application Form
SMS ACUCA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
For SDU’s students who are interested to apply for SMS ACUCA, there are some requirements:
- The student choose the target university.
- The student inform the International Office (BKHI) of USD by coming to the office.
- Th IO will send an email to the target university to nominate the students.
- The student prepares documents needed for application.
- IO send the documents to the target university (hard copy) if needed.
- The student waits for the announcement from the target university.