Global Leadership Program (GLP) is an annual AJCU (Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities) program where students from five Jesuit universities have an opportunity to discuss current issues happening in their home countries. The five universities are Fu Jen Catholic University (Taiwan), Sogang University (South Korea), Sophia University (Japan), Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines) and Sanata Dharma University (Indonesia).
GLP has three main activities; there are: University presentations, Fieldworks, and Cultural Performance. University presentations are the time when each university introduces their university and explains their country report (related to the main issue). Fieldworks are activities such as visiting some places that are related with the main issue, reflection, group discussion, etc. Last, Cultural Night is an opportunity for each university to introduce their culture to other participants. Each country usually performs something that will showcase the uniqueness of their home country.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN GLP?
GLP is a challenging program that gives a priceless experience for youth and prepares them to become a future leader who has an Ignatian spirit/character. Beside, this program is an opportunity for going abroad and visiting new interesting places, learning about other countries cultures, making new friends from other countries, and many more fun activities.
QUALIFICATION OF STUDENTS
- Active students of SDU in semester 6-8
- Have a passport
- Have joined PPKMB
- Have good English proficiency
- In excellent health
- Able to work actively in a group
- Willing to pay the transportation fee
- Willing to follow the whole GLP processes (Pre-GLP, GLP, Post-GLP)
- Application form
- Financial guarantee statement
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of PPKMB certificate
- Medical certificate from relevant health instituion
- Academic Transcript
- Tuition payment list
HOW TO APPLY GLP?
- Get the Application Form and Financial Guarantee Statement from this website.
- Submit the Application Form to the International Office (1st floor, Center Building Sanata Dharma University) according to the schedule. Also, submit a financial guarantee statement with postage 6000, a photocopy of PPKMB certificate, an official health letter, transcript from semester 1 up to now, and a list of tuition payment (can be downloaded in SIA).
- Follow all the selection processes.
WHEN AND WHERE GLP WILL BE HELD?
GLP 2018 will be held on August 12-18, 2018 in Sogang University, Korea. The theme is "Who is My Neighbor? Migrants, Nation and Culture".
HOW WAS GLP 2017?
As a part of post-GLP activity, the GLP delegates make a magazine called ACT (Action, Change, and Truth) every year. You can read the magazine here.